Radio KITC FM 106.5 & KNCP FM 107.3 General Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE OR OTHER CONSIDERATION IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN CONTEST
You can download a PDF copy of the Contest Rules here
For call in to win contests, a “sounder” or cue or announcement to call will be aired randomly at various times along with a message instructing listeners to call for a chance to become a winner. Listen to the Station during the times stated on the DJ’s show page of the website for the DJ to announce the cue to call in and be the designated numbered caller to the Station’s contest line. The correct caller will either automatically win the announced prize “or” be required to perform a task (i.e., answering a trivia question correctly), as determined by the Station and announced during the cue to call to win. Prizes for Call In to Win or “Cue to Call” Contests conducted by the Station will vary and be announced prior to the cue-to-call in. The cue to plays announced may at times also be for a qualifying spot to participate in a Grand Prize Event or drawing. Listen to the Station for details on specific giveaways and for the times to play. The dates, times, winner selection and prizes will vary with each station giveaway, as determined by the Station and announced during the cue to call. Winner must be the designated caller to the phone number announced; the designated caller, if eligible, will be a winner. If Company determines the designated caller is not eligible, the Company may select the next consecutive eligible caller as the winner for that playtime. Listen to the participating stations for details on specific times to play. Contest participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts in order to participate. Listeners may be listening via the Station stream on the Internet: please be advised that you may be listening to a delayed stream of the radio signal, which may vary depending on your computer’s memory capacity and the speed of your internet connection. For that reason, we strongly recommend that you turn on your radio to the Station to participate in any call-in contest to be sure you are participating in “real time.” The Company assumes no responsibility for contestants not making timely phone calls to the station as a result of the delays in the Internet stream. WARNING: Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the Internet, contests heard on the radio station’s Internet audio stream are slightly delayed from the time the contests heard on the broadcast station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard are delayed. This delay may last up to several minutes. This means that when the broadcast station announces the cue to call or text for a contest, listeners to the on-line audio stream will be at a greater disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on a conventional FM radio.
KITC FM & KNCP FM (the “Stations”) may change the dates and/or terms of the Contest without prior notice. Any material changes will be broadcast on the Station and/or posted on its website. The Contest is open to legal United States Residents, 18 years of age and older, residing in the state of Oregon. There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. Employees or agents of KITC FM & KNCP FM or any entity associated with the Contest, as well as members of the same household of any such employee or agent may not participate.
All sales, prize and other taxes, gratuities and any other incidentals associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted, except by sponsors for reasons of unavailability. In which case, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. KITC FM & KNCP FM assumes no responsibility or liability for damages loss or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize. KITC FM & KNCP FM is not responsible for replacing tickets in the event of show cancellations as a result of weather, promoter or performer.
Each winner will be required to produce identification satisfactory to the Station. Each winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release, including a publicity release, as prepared by the Station prior to receiving their prize. Each winner will be responsible for any taxes or fees that result from the receipt and/or use of their prize. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate and/or win the Contest will be disqualified.
KITC FM & KNCP FM is not responsible for errors, problems or delays in the mail or telephone systems that may prevent callers or entries from reaching KITC FM & KNCP FM. Listeners can call the KITC FM & KNCP FM Radio contest line. If a caller gets disconnected for any reason before their name and phone number have been recorded, another call will be taken. Decisions of the KITC FM & KNCP FM judges are final. All contest entries will become the property of Radio KITC FM & KNCP FM.
v. Release and Indemnification:
In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each participant agrees to release and indemnify the Station, and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees (the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant’s participation in the Contest.
Any violation of these rules will result in disqualification. Copies of these rules are available at the Station’s website, in person at the Station’s studios (KITC FM – KNCP FM, PO Box 774, Gilchrist, Oregon 97737 (southeast corner of the Gilchrist Mall) between the hours of 9am and 5pm Monday thru Friday) or by sending a request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to the Station at the above address.
Special Internet Rules
- i. Game and contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address. Limit one entry per email address and per person.
- ii. KITC FM & KNCP FM and sponsors not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or Cell Phone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by Radio KITC FM & KNCP FM, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate.
- iii. KITC FM & KNCP FM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of KITC FM & KNCP FM Radio corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of any Internet promotion, game or contest, or the Internet portion of any promotion, game or contest. Radio KITC FM & KNCP FM, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by these rules, and the Official General Rules appearing above.
Generic Station Rules
- i. Employees of KITC FM & KNCP FM, its associated agencies, and their immediate families are not eligible to win.
- ii. Any and all federal, provincial, and local laws apply to all contests.
- iii. Winner’s voice or likeness may be used in conjunction with recorded announcements or outside advertising for Radio KITC FM & KNCP FM. Winners may be recorded and played back on-air, on any of the KITC FM & KNCP FM Broadcasting Radio stations and or programs.
- iv. No amount of winning can disqualify you.
- v. Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of winning unless otherwise noted.
- vi. Any additional costs related to the prize or incurred as a result of accepting the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- vii. Prize is awarded as is to the winner only. No substitutions or transfers of prizes permitted.
- viii. Prize has no cash value.
- ix. In the case of ballot entry contests; if ballot form is illegible, a new form will be drawn
- x. Ballots must be filled out by actual person entering to win contest. No substitutions. If ballot was filled out by a third person, a new ballot will be drawn.
- xi. KITC FM & KNCP FM may not be held responsible for any technical difficulties, for example studio equipment or phones that result in a potential winner being disconnected on studio lines or Internet connections.
- xii. KITC FM & KNCP FM reserves the right to supplement or change contest rules at any time. The decisions of KITC FM & KNCP FM Broadcasting are final.
- xiii. By participating in any contests, entrants agree to be bound by the official rules and regulations of the promotion.
- xiv. KITC FM & KNCP FM makes no warranties regarding the safety, condition, or fitness of any prizes awarded, and will not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered by a winner through the use of any awarded prize.
- xv. KITC FM & KNCP FM reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value; winners do not have any right to substitution of prizes.
- xvi. KITC FM & KNCP FM will not be responsible for mail that has been lost, damaged or delayed.
- xvii. Prize winners must be at least 18 years old, unless otherwise specified.
- xviii. Where a prize consists of tickets for a sporting event, concert, movie, play or similar event, KITC FM & KNCP FM Broadcasting / KITC FM & KNCP FM will not be responsible for cancellation. In that event, the winner must deal exclusively with the promoter of the event.
- xix. Winners are solely responsible for all taxes, duties, or other costs that may be associated with the winning of a prize.
- xx. Particular contests may limit eligibility to persons of a certain age, who live in a given geographic location, or who work in a particular job, by way of example. Contestants are responsible for determining whether such eligibility limitations apply to a particular contest or promotion.
- xxi. In its discretion, KITC FM & KNCP FM may require winners to sign a release form in order to receive the prize. In such a case, the winner will not be entitled to receive the prize without signing the release.
- xxii. The interpretation of these and all other rules relating to contests or promotions sponsored by KITC FM & KNCP FM is reserved exclusively to Radio KITC FM & KNCP FM. Its decisions shall be final.